HTL’s Line Leaders comprehensive lesson plan for building socially conscious spaces includes:
- 20+ definition posters
- Definition poster templates
- 12+ sheets of phrases and quotes for art and journaling
- 10+ sheets of I am self-empowerment phrases and traits (100s of phrase combinations)
- 25+ art projects and activities that explore and reinforce socially conscious thinking
- Complementary book recommendations
- Discussion prompts, questions, and helpful conversation tips.
- Supply list for each activity
- Notes + tips to encourage holistic learning
- Welcome sign and respectful expectations for group settings
- Snapshots of real conversations with kids and how to approach them
- Original essays and quotes from HTL writers and readers.
- Access to a private Google folder and frequently updated living documents to expand on the curriculum
Guide is in PDF format, you may print or use it in digital format.
Making conversations count
Our Guide will coach you through teachable moments and help you take advantage of the hidden messages in our everyday conversations. We’ll do our best to prepare you for some of the wacky, insightful, and bothersome things kids say when tackling tough topics.
The importance of self
Because we know that loving oneself is the first step to being a positive and accepting light in the world, the Line Leaders curriculum starts with self-reflection and celebration. When we start to embrace our own power, we can better understand how much our actions can impact our decisions and our community.
Going beyond the surface
Having spent many hours engaging in social consciousness growth with kids and parents, we have learned many useful tactics for deepening this work. The Guide encourages you to provide more opportunities for conversation- whether at home or in a classroom setting- and helps prepare you for the challenges those conversations can bring. We’ve learned that children want the chance to be heard and also deserve the respect of being approached with open honesty.
Samples seen here are not the final version, please expect additions in final versions.
The Guide will launch in phases starting on Nov 5, 2019. You’ll receive an email with a link to download.